Business & Committee Manager for ADB-DutchCham in Singapore
The ADB-Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (ADB-DutchCham) invites applications for the position of Business & Committee Manager (3 days per week).
DutchCham merges with the Association of Dutch Business People (ADB) as of 1 January 2018 into ADB-DutchCham. ADB-DutchCham is a membership-based organisation, composed of corporate members and Dutch Professionals in Singapore.
In a nutshell
The Business & Committee Manager will be responsible for the seamless running of the eleven committees, and active recruitment of new ADB-DutchCham members. Primary responsibilities are: to support, coordinate and lead the work of the committees; to build and maintain good relationships with the committee chairs, members, and sponsors; to actively recruit new committee members; to plan for succession of committee members and chairs, and scout for potential chairs & committee members; to manage committee sponsors & suppliers; to organize committee meetings and events, report and follow up on the meetings; and to potentially supervise an intern who may be recruited to work in a supporting role. Since the team is small the Business & Committee Manager will be requested to provide other support where needed.
The function of Business & Committee Manager is based on 3 days per week.
General duties and responsibilities of the Business & Committee Manager
- Supports the committee chairs in their role: provides administrative support, connects needs of committee members to trends, and creates opportunities for committee members to showcase their business;
- Actively recruits new (committee) members by connecting potential members to upcoming committee events, follows up new acquaintances by sending them an email or dropping them a line;
- Represents ADB-DutchCham (ADC) at committee meetings and events to support the chair with relevant information on ADC, and reports briefly upon committee meeting (takes minutes/creates action lists);
- Provides suggestions to the committees for (co)sponsored events;
- Leads and supports the creation of new committees;
- Ensures delivery of content (short articles and pictures) after each event to be included on our website, newsletters, magazines, and directory;
- Creates a communication plan and drives LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter promotion for committee events;
- Assists in preparing and hosting ADC events (the real hands-on stuff, such as making badges, bringing along banners to the venue, welcoming members at events, etc).
What will make you a Star?
- When you initiate the creation of events by recruiting sponsors and partners, simultaneously connect them to members with a particular interest, and make these events happen;
- When you identify new needs, and convert them into a new committee, have found an active chair and interested members;
- When members enjoy to participate in the committee meetings and events, recruit new members themselves and you convince potential members to become a member after attending a committee meeting or event.
Key qualifications & requirements
- BA or MA degree in business administration, public policy, hospitality, economics or related field;
- Minimum of a few years of work experience is preferred, event management would be an asset;
- Goal driven with the ability to persuade individuals to become a member;
- Excellent communication skills, including good negotiation and sales skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships with members;
- Pro-active, hands-on, mature and responsible working attitude;
- Flexibility to quickly integrate into a small team and operate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Good knowledge of Singapore and The Netherlands is an asset;
- Fluency in English and good drafting skills. Dutch is an asset;
- Social media and computer literate; IT skills for website and database management are an asset;
- Possesses a Dependants Pass, sole proprietor, or status of PR or citizenship.
Please submit your CV, cover letter to email@example.com.
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
Please note that we will only be able to contact pre-selected candidates for interviews.