Vacancy at the Netherlands Embassy in Singapore: Management Assistant
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Singapore is looking for a Management Assistant to provide project and administrative support on an ad hoc basis.
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active person who can help out the embassy from time to time with the events and projects that the embassy organizes. Besides project and events, you are willing to help out with a variety of administrative tasks and provide consular assistance if needed. You are the back up of colleagues in times of leave and can provide that extra set of hands in busy periods. Your employment contract is flexible, based on the hours you are asked to work.
As a management assistant you will help out the embassy with a variety of tasks, amongst which:
- Support with secretarial and administrative activities
- Mailbox management, agenda management, telephone communication;
- Data entry of business contacts in databases;
- Minute taking, report drafting and taking care of correspondence;
- Archiving of files in the archive system.
- Project and event support activities
- Arrange logistical and organisations aspects for incoming visits such as hotel bookings, transport, name badges, making programs, etc;
- Arranging events, such as selecting venues, making catering arrangements, transport, IT components, presentations, programs;
- Makes guest lists, makes and sends out invitations, keeps track of responses.
- Other support activities such as helping out with the upcoming office renovation in terms of office clean-up actions, organising internal movements, contact with suppliers.
- Organizer with enthusiastic, flexible and pro-active attitude to variable tasks and workloads;
- Flexible team-player who can also work on an individual basis with a positive work attitude and collaborative mind set;
- Hands-on resourceful person who takes initiative and is able to multitask.
- Secondary vocational level;
- At least 3 years working experience, preferably with office management and project/event management;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, verbally and written;
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
More information and applications
You are offered a flexible employment contract as you will help out on an ad hoc basis. There are no guaranteed weekly hours. You are Singaporean, PR, or in the possession of a Dependant’s pass. In case of the latter you can only have 1 LOC and thus 1 employer. For more information please contact: Hans Akerboom, Deputy Head of Mission (firstname.lastname@example.org / +65 67391115) or Juliette Bonga, Head of Internal and Consular Affairs (Juliette.email@example.com / +65 67391139). Interested candidates can send their cover letter with cv and, if applicable, details of residency/work permit before 23 October 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.