Vacancy announcement assistant to ILO and KMAR
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Nairobi, Kenya is currently recruiting for an Administrative assistant to the Immigration Liaison Officer (ILO) (20 hours/week) and an Administrative assistant to the Police Liaison Officer (LO KMar) (12 hours/week)
THESE POSITIONS ARE PUBLISHED IN CONJUNCTION AS THEY CAN BE COMBINED
Specific Job Information
The administrative assistant to the (I)LO provides a vast array of administrative assistance, including but not limited to:
- Handling of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Registration and archiving of incoming and outgoing reports and correspondence in the ILO database;
- Handling of all incoming calls, especially in absence of ILO;
- Keeping track of monthly data and trends;
- Assisting in collecting relevant information for monthly reporting;
- Organizing meetings and seminars;
- Assisting in planning and organizing visits of ILO in the region (including flights, accommodation, scheduling of meetings with relevant partners);
- Assisting in researching specific cases of interest, also for the Back Office in the Netherlands;
- Assisting in the preparation of trainings and training materials;
- Maintaining a network of relevant contacts (airline companies, immigration services, other embassies, relevant organizations in the Netherlands).
- Client orientation
- Sensitivity to needs of management
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to work accurately
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to plan and organise
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands consists of approximately 48 staff members, both sent-out staff and local employees, and covers a vast array of policy areas such as food security, agriculture, water, poverty alleviation, human rights, etc. The embassy also provides consular services to Dutch nationals in Kenya, and offers visa application services to Kenyans wishing to travel to the Netherlands. The embassy in Kenya also covers Somalia and The Seychelles. The ILO covers both Kenya and the East-African region.
The Immigration Liaison Office consists of two staff members, the Immigration Liaison Officer (ILO, a sent-out diplomat) and the assistant to the ILO. They share an office within the embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Nairobi.
The Police Liaison office consists of two staff members, the Police Liaison Officer (LO KMar, a sent-out diplomat) and the assistant to the LO. The administrative assistant shares an office with the Immigration Liaison Officer, from which the assistant carries out the duties and tasks related to assisting the LO KMar.
The administrative assistant works in close cooperation with the management assistants and the general support staff within the embassy.
Education, Training and knowledge
- secondary vocational level (MBO);
- fluency in spoken and written English is a must;
- knowledge of Dutch is an advantage;
- computer literacy, mainly MS-office
- knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures in a diplomatic environment is an advantage
- Two parttime contracts, one for 20 hours (ILO), one for 12 hours (LO KMar), totalling 32 hours;
- No work permit required; if applicable, the embassy arranges for this;
- Attractive salary and secondary benefits such as a 13th month and a comprehensive medical insurance;
- Challening work environment.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter motivating their application and a c.v. by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 24 April 2017 COB.
These combined positions will be published both internally and externally. At equal suitability, internal candidates (current local staff of the embassy and spouses of sent-out staff) have priority over external candidates. Due to the expected high volume of applications, we will only contact short-listed candidates for an interview.