Would you like to find out how your name, date of birth and other personal details appear in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? You can view these at any time. If you have children under the age of 18, you can also view the information held about them. The same applies for any children for whom you have parental authority.
Would you like to view the personal data held about you in the BRP? You can do so by logging in to the MijnOverheid.nl website. Another way is via your municipality.
Authorising someone else to view your data in the BRP
If you want someone else to be able to view your data on your behalf, you can apply to the municipality to have them authorised. This is not necessary if a guardian has been appointed to regulate your personal welfare and your property and financial affairs. Your guardian will be authorised automatically.
Rectifying incorrect information in the BRP
If any of the data held on you in the BRP is incorrect, contact your municipality to correct it.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Moerdijk: Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP)
New identity document required if data is amended
You will need a new identity document if you amend any of the following data:
- first name.
- date of birth.
Your old passport, identity card, driving licence or residence permit will no longer be valid once the municipality has amended your data. Make sure you apply for a new identity document as soon as possible. You will be charged for a new identity document.
Your personal data is included in the basic registration of persons (BRP). This concerns information about your name, address, place of residence, marital status and nationality. The municipality handles this information very carefully. Providing this information to others is subject to strict rules.
- In some cases, the municipality is obliged to provide data, such as to the national government, the judiciary, the SVB and the tax authorities.
- The municipality must provide information for the performance of certain statutory tasks, for example to lawyers, bailiffs and civil-law notaries.
- The municipality must provide data to institutions designated by the Minister of the Interior, such as pension funds, insurers, hospitals and banking institutions.
- In the BRP Regulation, the municipality has determined to which private individuals and non-commercial institutions, such as the library, schools, organizations for the elderly and interest groups, they provide data.
If an agency has received authorization from the Minister of the Interior, the provision of information will largely take place automatically and within fixed frameworks.
Companies and individuals
- As a private individual or on behalf of your company, you can submit written requests to the municipality for information about persons from the population register. You must substantiate your request.
- In principle, any provision only includes a number of standard data, such as: name, date of birth, address, place of residence and any date of death.
- Details of persons who have requested confidentiality of their personal data from the municipality will not be provided.
- Personal data is not provided by telephone.
- If your request is rejected, you can object in accordance with the General Administrative Law Act. You must address your notice of objection to the mayor and aldermen of the municipality within 6 weeks. See product objection and appeal .
You can draw up a written request and send it to the municipality. This can be sent to the following address:
Municipality of Moerdijk
PO Box 4
4760 AA Zevenbergen
You can also post your request in the mailbox at the town hall, entrance Pastoor van Kessellaan 15 or hand it in at the counters.
If you would like more information about this product/service, please contact us by telephone. To do this, call the six-digit telephone number 14 0168.
You must indicate in your request why you need the data.
The cost of this product is € 7,10 per information.
If the archive has to be consulted, the cost of this product is € 21,35 for every 15 minutes spent on it.
You will find out within 4 weeks whether we can amend your data.