Netherlands Worldwide

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

Would you like to find out how your name, date of birth and other personal details appear in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? You can view these at any time. If you have children under the age of 18, you can also view the information held about them. The same applies for any children for whom you have parental authority.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Breda: Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP)

View data

If you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality, you can view your data online or by appointment at the service desk. If you book an appointment, take proof of identity with you.

Go to (Dutch) to see which personal data are held about you and your underage children.

Your data in the BRP is incorrect

  1. Send a letter to:
    Gemeente Breda
    Afdeling Publieksservice
    Postbus 90156
    4800 RH Breda  
  2. In the letter, explain which data are incorrect and what they should be.  
  3. Enclose the following with the letter:
    - a copy of evidence (in a document) showing that your personal data in the BRP are incorrect
    - a copy of the document showing the correct data, for example birth certificate
    - a copy of your proof of ID  
  4. The council will tell you once your data have been corrected.

New identity document required if data is amended

You will need a new identity document if you amend any of the following data:

  • first name.
  • surname.
  • date of birth.
  • sex.

Your old passport, identity card, driving licence or residence permit will no longer be valid once the municipality has amended your data. Make sure you apply for a new identity document as soon as possible. You will be charged for a new identity document.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Breda

Visiting address