Taking a deceased person out of the Netherlands

Do you wish to transport the body of a deceased person from the Netherlands to a foreign country? To do this, you need transportation authorisation from the municipality where the person died. This is called a laissez-passer. In most cases, the funeral director submits the application for you.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Transporting a deceased person from the Netherlands

You will find all relevant information on the following page on our website:

Do you have questions? Then please contact us.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Roermond

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022