Netherlands Worldwide

Requesting permission to take off or land outside an airport

Do you want to take off or land your aircraft, such as a helicopter or a glider, outside an airport? Then you need a dispensation for temporary and exceptional use (tijdelijk en uitzonderlijk gebruik – TUG). You can apply for a TUG dispensation from the province.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Take off or land outside an airport (exemption for temporary and exceptional use: TUG-ontheffing)

You need permission for many special traffic situations. This applies, for example, when you plan to:

  • transport large or heavy goods
  • operate a ship larger than officially permitted
  • have a plane take off or land at a location besides an airport
  • offer a public transport service.

You request this permission from the operator of the road or waterway. The road operator is usually the national government, province, water board or the municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Overijssel

Visiting address

Last updated on 2 June 2023