Netherlands Worldwide

Requesting permission to take off or land outside an airport

Do you want to take off or land your aircraft, such as a helicopter or a glider, outside an airport? Then you need a dispensation for temporary and exceptional use (tijdelijk en uitzonderlijk gebruik – TUG). You can apply for a TUG dispensation from the province.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Take off or land with an aircraft outside an airport

Do you want to land an aircraft on, or take off from an area that is not an airport? You need a TUG-exemption from the province for this (TUG stands for Temporary and Exceptional Use). This is regulated in the Aviation Act (Wlv).

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Gelderland

Visiting address

Last updated on 2 June 2023