Netherlands Worldwide

Requesting a decision on an advance on benefits

Are you waiting for a decision on your application for social assistance benefit (bijstandsuitkering) or supplementary income provision for the elderly (aanvullende inkomensvoorziening ouderenAIO)? Have you not yet received an advance, or is the amount of the advance too low? Then you can apply to your province for a provision of immediate assistance (voorziening onverwijlde bijstand). The province will then decide whether you get an advance or that the amount received will be increased.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Decision on requesting an advance payment (provision for immediate social assistance)

If you have been waiting at least 4 weeks for a decision on your social assistance benefit or supplementary income support for state pensioners (AIO supplement), you may be able to get an advance. For the social assistance benefit, the municipality can pay you some of the benefit in advance. The Dutch Social Insurance Bank (Sociale Verzekeringsbank: SVB) can grant an advance on the AIO payment. If you are not granted this advance or the amount granted is too little to live on, ask us for a decision on your advance payment. This is called a provision for immediate social assistance (voorziening onverwijlde bijstand). If we decide that you are right, the municipal authorities or SVB must immediately grant you the advance or increase the amount of the advance.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Zeeland

Visiting address

Last updated on 17 January 2023