Netherlands Worldwide

Registering with the municipality in the Netherlands

Do you intend to live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months? Then you must register in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). You can do this at the municipality where you intend to live.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

First registration for new residents (BRP) or move to Wageningen from abroad

Are you coming from abroad to live in Wageningen? And have you been here for at least four months? In that case, you must register in person at the town hall within five days. Make an appointment online at the Civil Affairs desk. 

Do you have a partner and/or children who are moving with you? Then have to come along to the town hall. A few weeks after registration you will receive a BSN (Burger Service Nummer or Citizens Security Number) by mail. It is also important that you deregister with the municipality when you leave the Netherlands. Please make an appointment online or send an e-mail to

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Wageningen

Visiting address