Netherlands Worldwide

Registering with the municipality in the Netherlands

Do you intend to live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months? Then you must register in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). You can do this at the municipality where you intend to live.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Nieuwkoop.

Establishment from abroad

If you are staying in the Netherlands for at least four months in six months and are going to live in the municipality of Nieuwkoop, you must be registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP). You must personally report this to the municipality. You can make an appointment for this. The appointment must take place within five days of arrival. Your family members must also be present at the appointment in person.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nieuwkoop

Visiting address