Netherlands Worldwide

Registering with the municipality in the Netherlands

Do you intend to live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months? Then you must register in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). You can do this at the municipality where you intend to live.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Leiden.

Report moving to or within Leiden

You need to report your move from abroad to the municipality in person. Make an appointment on the website of Leiden municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Leiden

Visiting address