Netherlands Worldwide

Registering with the municipality in the Netherlands

Do you intend to live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months? Then you must register in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). You can do this at the municipality where you intend to live.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Houten.

Moving to Houten from abroad

You must report your move from abroad to the municipality in person. Please make an appointment to do so.

You can use the links below to make an appointment. Make a choice whether you have previously lived or settled in the Netherlands.

I have lived in the Netherlands before

I have not lived in the Netherlands before

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Houten