Netherlands Worldwide

Registering with the municipality in the Netherlands

Do you intend to live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months? Then you must register in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). You can do this at the municipality where you intend to live.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Emmen.

Municipality of Emmen: Registering with the municipality

You must inform us of your move to the Netherlands in person. For a first registration, you always need an appointment that you must make by telephone (when calling from abroad: +31 591 689 000). When talking to you on the telephone, we will ask you various questions in preparation for the interview. We will also explain which documents to bring to your appointment at the town hall.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Emmen

Visiting address