Registering a stillborn baby in the Netherlands

A stillbirth is registered with the municipality in which the child was born. The municipality then issues a birth certificate (geboorteakte) for a stillbirth. It does not matter how long the pregnancy lasted.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Hilvarenbeek: Registering a stillborn baby

You can have your stillborn child included in the Municipal Personal Records Database. It does not matter after how many weeks of pregnancy your baby was born, nor how long ago that was. You can read more information about this on the website of the Dutch government. For more information, please contact the Civil Affairs Department on (013) 505 83 00 or

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hilvarenbeek

Last updated on 27 September 2022