Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a stillborn baby in the Netherlands

A stillbirth is registered with the municipality in which the child was born. The municipality then issues a birth certificate (geboorteakte) for a stillbirth. It does not matter how long the pregnancy lasted.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Register a stillborn child

You can register your stillborn child in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP). You can do this in the municipality where you live. It does not matter after how many weeks of pregnancy your child was born or how many years ago your child was born.

Make an appointment

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Gooise Meren

Last updated on 27 September 2022