Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a foreign document in the Netherlands

Do you have a foreign document, such as a birth certificate, a death certificate or divorce documents? If you are a citizen of the Netherlands or a refugee with a temporary asylum residence permit (statushouder) you must register it with the municipality where you live.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Laarbeek: Registering a foreign document

NB. You can only register a foreign deed if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Do you want to register a foreign deed? You must make an appointment with the municipality for this.

Legalization and verification of documents is intended to provide certainty about the authenticity and reliability of documents from abroad. This mainly concerns deeds and court decisions. You need these papers to register in the Personal Records Database (BRP) or to be able to get married, divorce or recognize children.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Laarbeek

Last updated on 22 September 2022