Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a foreign document in the Netherlands

Do you have a foreign document, such as a birth certificate, a death certificate or divorce documents? If you are a citizen of the Netherlands or a refugee with a temporary asylum residence permit (statushouder) you must register it with the municipality where you live.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Registering a foreign document in the Netherlands

Please note. You can only register a foreign deed if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Do you want to register a foreign deed? To do so, you need to make an appointment with the municipality.

By telephone
The general telephone number of the Municipality of Helmond is 14 0492. This number can be reached from Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 5 pm. From abroad you can call: +31(0)492-58 7777.

You can contact us online via our contact form. Open the contact form (in Dutch) here. We aim to reply to you within two working days.


Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Public Information Service

Last updated on 22 September 2022