Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a foreign document in the Netherlands

Do you have a foreign document, such as a birth certificate, a death certificate or divorce documents? If you are a citizen of the Netherlands or a refugee with a temporary asylum residence permit (statushouder) you must register it with the municipality where you live.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Register foreign document

Please note: you can register a foreign document only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered within the municipality of Enschede.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Enschede

Last updated on 22 September 2022