Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a foreign document in the Netherlands

Do you have a foreign document, such as a birth certificate, a death certificate or divorce documents? If you are a citizen of the Netherlands or a refugee with a temporary asylum residence permit (statushouder) you must register it with the municipality where you live.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Handing in foreign source documents

The municipality will update your details in the Basic Registration of Persons (BRP) if you have a deed or document from abroad. We call these deeds and documents source documents. You must book an appointment with the municipality in order to do so.

By telephone 030-2289411


Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of De Bilt

Visiting address

Last updated on 22 September 2022