Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a foreign document in the Netherlands

Do you have a foreign document, such as a birth certificate, a death certificate or divorce documents? If you are a citizen of the Netherlands or a refugee with a temporary asylum residence permit (statushouder) you must register it with the municipality where you live.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

In the municipality of Ameland, the product Registering a foreign document falls under the product Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP).

Go to Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Ameland

Last updated on 22 September 2022