Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a foreign document in the Netherlands

Do you have a foreign marriage certificate, birth certificate or other official document? If you are a citizen of the Netherlands or a refugee with a temporary asylum residence permit (statushouder) you must register it with the municipality where you live.

Find out about how this works in your (future) place of residence.

Last updated on 22 September 2022