Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Termination and dissolution of a registered partnership

You can terminate your registered partnership through the court, a lawyer or civil-law notary. If you have joint custody of minor children, this can only be done through the court.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Zwolle