Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Terminating registered partnership

To end a registered partnership, you go to a civil-law notary or lawyer. In some cases you have to go to court with your lawyer. The registered partnership is only terminated after it has been registered in the registers of civil status.

A registered partnership also ends if:

  • you have the registered partnership converted into a marriage
  • 1 of them dies or is missing for a long time

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Rijssen-Holten

Also useful