Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

report divorce

You apply for a divorce from the court. You need a lawyer for this. As soon as the municipality registers the divorce in the registry office, it is official. Your lawyer will send the court's decision to the municipality where you are married. You can also report this yourself to the municipality. Your former partner may also do this. Is the judge's decision final (irrevocable)? Then you must report this within 6 months.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Oldenzaal