Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

End of registered partnership

The judge makes a decision a few weeks after the hearing. How many weeks that is, depends on the course of the case. At the end of the hearing, the judge will let you know how many weeks you should expect. The municipality will register the judge's decision or statement as soon as possible.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Krimpenerwaard

Visiting address