Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Report divorce

If you are divorced in the Netherlands, this must be communicated to the municipality within 6 months of the court's decision. This must be done in the municipality where you were married. Your lawyer will usually arrange this. If you are divorced abroad, you must report this yourself.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hilversum