Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Echtscheiding of ontbinden partnerschapsregistratie (Divorce or dissolve partnership registration)

Your lawyer will send the dissoltution documents to the municipality where you e ntered into a registered partnership. The municipality will then register your dissolution.

Your lawyer can send the documents to:

Gemeente Hengelo, Postbus 18, 7550 AA  Hengelo

Do you live in a municipality other than than where the registration is? Then the registrar will inform your municipality of residence.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hengelo