Netherlands Worldwide

Registering the ending of a civil partnership in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Have you had your civil partnership ended by a lawyer or notary? Then they will register the final order (Akte ontbinding van geregistreerd partnerschap) with the civil registry (burgerlijke stand). Have you had your civil partnership ended by a court? Then the court will have the final order registered with the civil registry.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Melden beëindiging geregistreerd partnerschap

After the court has issued a divorce decree, you must finalise your divorce by having it recorded in the registry of births, deaths, marriages and registered partnerships (registers van de Burgerlijke Stand) in the municipality where you were married. You can do this yourself or have your lawyer do it.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Haarlemmermeer

Visiting addresses