Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a divorce in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Has a judge has agreed to your divorce (echtscheiding)? Then you and your partner will be sent a copy of the final order (echtscheidingsbeschikking). When does your divorce become final? Once you have registered the final order in the municipality’s civil registry (burgerlijke stand van de gemeente).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Venray: Registering a divorce in the civil registry

Your lawyer will send the divorce decree to the civil registrar in the municipality where you got married. The registrar will then register your divorce. If you got married in Venray, your lawyer must send the documents to:

Gemeente Venray
Raadhuisstraat 1
5801 MB Venray

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Venray

Visiting address