Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a divorce in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Has a judge has agreed to your divorce (echtscheiding)? Then you and your partner will be sent a copy of the final order (echtscheidingsbeschikking). When does your divorce become final? Once you have registered the final order in the municipality’s civil registry (burgerlijke stand van de gemeente).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Register divorce

Where you register your divorce depends on your situation.

If you got married in the municipality of Loser

Did you get married and divorced in the Netherlands? Then your lawyer will send the divorce decree to the civil registrar in the municipality where you got married. The registrar will then register your divorce.

Your lawyer must send the documents to:

  • Gemeente Losser
  • Ambtenaar van de burgerlijke stand
  • Postbus 20 7500 AA Enschede
  • To the attention of afdeling burgerzaken (civil affairs department) 

Do you live in a municipality other than the one in which you got married? Then the registrar will inform your municipality of residence.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Losser