Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a divorce in the civil registry in the Netherlands

Has a judge has agreed to your divorce (echtscheiding)? Then you and your partner will be sent a copy of the final order (echtscheidingsbeschikking). When does your divorce become final? Once you have registered the final order in the municipality’s civil registry (burgerlijke stand van de gemeente).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee: Registering a divorce in the civil registry

You apply for a divorce from the court. After that, your lawyer, yourself or your former partner will report the divorce to the municipality where you got married.


You must go to court to apply for a divorce. You need a lawyer for this. As soon as the municipality registers the divorce in the registry office, the divorce is official.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address