Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands

Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Westerwolde: Registering a civil partnership

You give notice of your registered partnership to the municipality where you want to conclude your partnership. Provide details of yourself, your partner, and your witnesses. This is possible up to 2 weeks before the date of registration to do so, please contact: phone: +31 599 32 02 20 or e-mail:

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Westerwolde

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022