Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.
The registration of a civil partnership is subject to a number of conditions (in Dutch), such as:
- you must be at least 18 years of age;
- you cannot enter into a civil partnership with someone who is already married or in a civil partnership
- you cannot be related to one other, e.g. grandparent, grandchild, parent, child or sibling.
Do you want to enter a civil partnership in the Netherlands with a foreign citizen? There are other conditions that must be met.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands
You make a number of choices when planning and registering your intention to enter a civil partnership. These choices relate to the type of ceremony and the venue.
You register your intended civil partnership with the municipality in which you wish to enter the civil partnership. Provide the details of yourself, your partner and your witnesses. This can be done up to 2 weeks before the ceremony date. You can contact the department Civil Affairs via +31228 510 111 or the contactform.
The costs depend on your wishes and the possibilities in the municipality of Stede Broec. View the fees table for all rates.
- Reporting an intended marriage or registered partnership is free
- You can get married or register a partnership for free on Tuesdays at 9:30 am or 10:00 am
- the free marriage and registered partnership is only for residents of the municipalities of Stede Broec, Enkhuizen and Drechterland.
Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Public Information Service