Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands

Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Smallingerland: Registering a civil partnership

Notification of marriage/registered partnership

It is important to notify us of your intended marriage or registered partnership at least two weeks and at most one year before the wedding date. Are you not getting married within a year? Then you must report again. You can contact us to make an appointment. 

Wedding Venues

You can choose from three fixed wedding locations: 

Choose a wedding location yourself

You can also choose a different wedding location. There are additional costs involved. These costs differ per wedding location. Please contact the wedding location where you want to get married. 

Our wedding officiants

Our marriage officials are happy to introduce themselves to you! You can also have your marriage or registered partnership solemnized by a marriage official from another municipality or by a family member or friend. This is subject to a number of conditions and costs. These costs are stated in the rates.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Smallingerland

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022