Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands

Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Molenlanden: Registering a civil partnership

You make a number of choices when planning and registering your intention to enter a civil partnership. These choices relate to the type of ceremony and the venue. The costs depend on your wishes and the possibilities in the municipality of Molenlanden.


The ceremony is the official part of entering your civil partnership.

If you choose an elaborate ceremony, you can choose who leads the ceremony

The registrar from the municipality of Molenlanden will contact you a few weeks before the planned date to introduce themselves and find out more about you and your partner.

Location of the ceremony

You can hold the ceremony to enter your civil partnership at various locations in the municipality of Molenlanden. You can choose from:

If you want to hold the ceremony at a location of your choice, fill in the form on this page.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Molenlanden

Last updated on 21 September 2022