Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands

Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Hof van Twente: Registering a civil partnership

Do you want to formally settle the relationship with your partner? Then there are two possibilities:

  • a civil marriage (marriage);
  • or a civil partnership.

You enter into a marriage/civil partnership with a marriage officer of the civil registry. You can do this at the town hall or at another wedding location of your choice. At the latest 14 days before your marriage/registered partnership is concluded, you must submit a notification to the civil registrar.

Types of marriages Hof van Twente

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hof van Twente

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022