Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.
The registration of a civil partnership is subject to a number of conditions (in Dutch), such as:
- you must be at least 18 years of age;
- you cannot enter into a civil partnership with someone who is already married or in a civil partnership
- you cannot be related to one other, e.g. grandparent, grandchild, parent, child or sibling.
Do you want to enter a civil partnership in the Netherlands with a foreign citizen? There are other conditions that must be met.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Eersel: Registering a civil partnership
You make a number of choices when planning and registering your intention to enter a civil partnership. These choices relate to the type of ceremony and the venue. The costs depend on your wishes and the possibilities in the municipality of Eersel.
The ceremony is the official part of entering your civil partnership. You can choose from:
- no ceremony (free of charge);
- elaborate ceremony.
If you choose an elaborate ceremony, you can choose who leads the ceremony. You can choose from:
- wedding registrar from the municipality. The wedding registrar will contact you a few weeks before the wedding date to introduce themselves and find out more about you and your future spouse. If you have a preference for a wedding registrar, inform the municipality of this;
- a private wedding official. The condition is that the private wedding official has already been sworn in at the court.
If you choose your own wedding official, contact the municipality.
Location of the ceremony
You can hold the ceremony to enter your civil partnership at various locations in the municipality of Eersel. You can choose from:
- a municipal building;
- a location of your own choice.
If you want to hold the ceremony at a location of your choice, contact the municipality.
Registering an intended civil partnership
You register your intended civil partnership with the municipality in which you wish to enter the civil partnership. Provide the details of yourself, your partner and your witnesses. This can be done up to appearance 2 weeks before the ceremony date. You can do it online or at the town hall, check the website of the municipality for more information.
You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality of Eersel.