Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands

Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Registration of marriage / civil partnership

Do you want to marry or conclude a civil partnership? In these cases you must first register your intention. The official term for this is ‘Declaration of intended marriage or civil partnership’. It used to be known as intended marriage. You must register in the municipality where the actual ceremony takes place.

Online registration

Costs and charges of entering into marriage or civil partnership

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Delft

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022