Netherlands Worldwide

Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands

Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Arnhem: Registering a civil partnership

Contrary to the text above, in the municipality of Arnhem you must register a registered partnership:at least 4 weeks before it is concluded.

When planning and registering your registered partnership, you make a number of choices. In any case, this concerns the wedding venue. The costs depend on your wishes and the possibilities in the municipality of Arnhem.

You can also choose your own wedding registrar. See which rules apply to choosing your own wedding registrar.

Wedding venue

You can hold the ceremony for your registered partnership in various places in the municipality of Arnhem. You can choose:

  • a municipal venue
  • fixed venues
  • your own venue

The website offers more information about fixed wedding venues in the municipality of Arnhem and about arranging your own wedding venue.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Arnhem

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022