Notifying the municipality when you move home
Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.
The move can be notified by:
- anyone aged 16 or older;
- cohabiting spouses / civil partners on behalf of each other;
- the parent, guardian or caregiver on behalf of minor children;
- parents on behalf of adult children living with them;
- adult children on behalf of parents living with them;
- the conservator on behalf of a person placed under a conservatorship;
- an authorised representative.
You must notify the new municipality where you are going to live that you are moving home. You must inform it of your new address no later than 4 weeks before the moving date, or within 5 days after the moving date.
Contact your new municipality for more information.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Moving to Zwolle
Are you moving to Zwolle from another Dutch municipality? Then report this to the municipality of Zwolle no more than 5 days after the move. You may also do this up to a maximum of 4 weeks before your move. We will then register you on the date you specified.
It is free to notify a move.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Zwolle