Notifying the municipality when you move home
Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.
The move can be notified by:
- anyone aged 16 or older;
- cohabiting spouses / civil partners on behalf of each other;
- the parent, guardian or caregiver on behalf of minor children;
- parents on behalf of adult children living with them;
- adult children on behalf of parents living with them;
- the conservator on behalf of a person placed under a conservatorship;
- an authorised representative.
You must notify the new municipality where you are going to live that you are moving home. You must inform it of your new address no later than 4 weeks before the moving date, or within 5 days after the moving date.
Contact your new municipality for more information.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Purmerend: Notifying the municipality when you move home
Please note: you can notify the municipality when you move house only if you live in the Netherlands and are already registered with a municipality.
It is free to notify a move.
You report your move to the municipality where you will be living. This is possible from 4 weeks before the move date up to a maximum of the 5th day after the move.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Purmerend