Notifying the municipality when you move home
Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.
The move can be notified by:
- anyone aged 16 or older;
- cohabiting spouses / civil partners on behalf of each other;
- the parent, guardian or caregiver on behalf of minor children;
- parents on behalf of adult children living with them;
- adult children on behalf of parents living with them;
- the conservator on behalf of a person placed under a conservatorship;
- an authorised representative.
You must notify the new municipality where you are going to live that you are moving home. You must inform it of your new address no later than 4 weeks before the moving date, or within 5 days after the moving date.
Contact your new municipality for more information.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Maastricht: Notifying the municipality when you move home
Please note. You can only report your move if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
Moving to or from abroad
Are you moving abroad? Click on moving abroad.
Are you moving to Maastricht from abroad? Go to First registration in the Netherlands or (for foreign students) Registering foreign students.
Registering your move
Log in with DigiD and submit your move online.
Sometimes it is not possible to report your move online with DigiD. For example, because the new address is coded. You can then report your move without DigiD:
Download the declaration form, fill it in and sign it.
Enclose a copy of your valid identity document.
When moving to a rental property: enclose a copy of your rental contract (full contract, signed by you and the landlord).
Send all documents by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Municipality of Maastricht Municipal Office
P.O. Box 1992
6201 BZ Maastricht
Who may report a move?
- anyone aged 16 or over
- spouses or registered partners for each other (only if they move to the new address together)
- a parent, guardian or carer for minor children
- parents living together and adult children for each other (only if they move to the new address together)
- the guardian if you have been placed under guardianship
- an adult with written authorisation to do so
It is free to notify a move.
Your move will be processed within 4 weeks.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Maastricht
Mosae Forum 10
08:30 - 16:30
08:30 - 16:30
08:30 - 16:30
13:30 - 19:00
08:30 - 12:30