Netherlands Worldwide

Notifying the municipality when you move home

Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Relocation (Adreswijziging)

Changing adress in the Netherlands

You must report a change of address to the municipality if you relocate. If you will be settling in Hengelo, you must indicate your change of address at the municipality at Hengelo. Should you relocate to another municipality, you will have to register there. In that case, de-registering with your former municipality of residence will be automatic.

Relocating abroad

If you will be relocating abroad, you must report this to the municipality. You may do this as early as five days prior to your departure. But you may not report your relocation earlier than this.  

Settling from abroad

If you are relocating to live in the Netherlands, you will need to register with the relevant municipality. You must do this person at the counter of the Publieksplein within five days of your arrival. This will entail a first-time registration in the Netherlands if you have never lived here or if you emigrated prior to 1 October 1994. If you also wish to register your family members to live in the Netherlands, they must accompany you to the Publieksplein.

Before visiting us, you can schedule your appointment by telephone (+31 74 259876).

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hengelo

Last updated on 22 September 2022