Netherlands Worldwide

Deregistering from the municipality in the event of a long stay outside the Netherlands

Are you going to live outside the Netherlands for at least 8 months in 1 year? If so, you must deregister from the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). The BRP contains your personal data, such as your name, gender and date of birth. You can deregister from the BRP through the municipality where you live. 

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Moving abroad

Are you moving abroad from Zaltbommel (emigration)? Or will you be living abroad for at least 8 months next year? Then you must let the municipality know. You do this from 5 days before you leave until the day of departure at the latest. Your move will be processed in the Personal Records Database (BRP).

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Zaltbommel

Last updated on 26 September 2022