Deregistering from the municipality in the event of a long stay outside the Netherlands

Are you going to live outside the Netherlands for at least 8 months in 1 year? If so, you must deregister from the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). The BRP contains your personal data, such as your name, gender and date of birth. You can deregister from the BRP through the municipality where you live. 

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Moving abroad

  • Before you leave the Netherlands, you must report your departure (emigration) to the municipality.
  • You emigrate if you are abroad for at least 8 months within 1 year.
  • These 8 months do not have to connect to each other.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Dalfsen

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022