Deregistering from the municipality in the event of a long stay outside the Netherlands

Are you going to live outside the Netherlands for at least 8 months in 1 year? If so, you must deregister from the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP). The BRP contains your personal data, such as your name, gender and date of birth. You can deregister from the BRP through the municipality where you live. 

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Moving abroad

You emigrate if you are abroad for at least 8 months. This period does not have to be consecutive. You can report your move abroad in two ways: online or by appointment.

Who will report the move

  • Any person who is 16 years of age or older
  • Parents or guardians for children under the age of 16
  • Pass it on for each other if you live at the same address
  • Parents and their adult child(ren)
  • Spouses or registered partners

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Bunnik

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022