Netherlands Worldwide

Changing the registration of gender on official documents

Do you want to change the registration of your gender designation on your official documents? If so, it must first be changed on your birth certificate. For people born in the Netherlands, this is done in the municipality where you were born. If you want a gender-neutral birth certificate, you can send a request to the district court.  After the registration of your gender has been changed on your birth certificate, you can apply for a new passport, identity card or driving licence.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

In the municipality of Valkenswaard, the product Vertaling volgt falls under the product Registering in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP).

Go to Registering with the municipality in the Netherlands

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Valkenswaard

Last updated on 22 September 2022