Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Zutphen.

Municipality of Zutphen: Applying for youth care for your child

Youth teams

The municipality of Zutphen has a Youth team (Jeugdteam) that provides advice about children from 0 to 18 years old. Young people up to the age of 18 can also contact the Youth Team themselves, if they have questions.

If you need help or if you want advice, you can contact one of our youth consultants.

The youth counselor

The youth consultant (jeugconsulent) will discuss the problem with you. The youth consultant offers help, support and also looks at the possibilities that the family's environment can offer. If necessary, the youth consultant ensures that the young person receives help from the right authorities. The youth consultant then looks at what is needed, together with the family and the aid agencies.

Fixed contact person for each family

Often there are several care providers involved. The youth consultant is your contact and supervisor of the family in the route to a solution. The youth consultant coordinates the help between the emergency services. The youth consultant ensures that there is one plan that all aid agencies and the family can rely on. In this way we coordinate the help and support from different agencies.

Please note: you can only apply for youth assistance if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Need help urgently?

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Zutphen

Visiting addresses

Also useful

Last updated on 26 September 2022