Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Veendam.

Municipality of Veendam: Applying for youth care for your child

Please note: you can only apply for youth support if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Do you wish to apply for youth support for your child? The municipality will discuss with you what help and/or advice is needed. It may be that someone close to you can support you, but it is also possible that your child needs professional support.  

Contracted care providers

You can make use of the care purchased by the municipality. To do so, you need a referral from:

  • Case Director Youth
  • or the general practitioner;
  • or a certified institution;
  • or a medical specialist such as a pediatrician.

Would you prefer a personal budget?

Do you think that this care is not sufficient? Or do you need a different type of care for your child? Then you can apply for a personal budget.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Veendam

Last updated on 26 September 2022